quarta-feira, julho 08, 2009

every day we're standing in a time capsule

"I can't believe you've never read 'In Search of Lost Time'!"
"I know. I've lost count of how many times I've told him to read it already."
"I've wanted to read it, but I was sidetracked time and time again by other works that seemed more urgent at the time."
"Oh really? Such as what?"
"Well, 'Ulysses' was my last diversion."
"Unbelievable work, indeed. If you liked it, you will probably enjoy 'In Search of Lost Time' as well."
"I'm certain I will. I'm just not rushing it because people are telling me so. Its time will come."
"Very well."
"Actually, he's just covering up for his inexorable ungainliness with the French language."
"Oh, I'm ungainly? Darling, if what you do to French is called "speaking", I'm Verlaine."
"No, you're Goethe."
"Oh, the green-eyed monster. Honey, Jung is calling you, he thinks you should go back to therapy."
"Always the Germans..."
"Swiss, actually. Don't mind her, she's just jealous."
"..."
"I have no interest in that obstreperous language."
"Sprichst du Deutsch? Didn't think so."
"I'll stick to my French, merci."
"Yes, also called Pretty English."
"I'll take pretty over abnoxious and nauseating any day."
"Well, we're too late for that, aren't we?"

Nenhum comentário: